Plan Your Visit to MoCo Museum
Located in Amsterdam’s Museum District- Villa Alsberg townhouse on Museumplein, Moco Museum or Modern Contemporary Museum Amsterdam happens to bean a unique museum in Amsterdam, dedicated to exhibiting contemporary and modern art. It is an independent museum that promotes the art form by displaying the artworks to a broader audience. It houses several famous art installations, artworks and also preserves and conserves street art.
Moco Museum Opening Timings
- What are the Moco Museum opening hours?
Moco Museum opening timings are as follows:
Mondays to Thursdays: 9 AM to 7 PM
Fridays to Sundays: 9 AM to 8 PM
- How long will it take to cover Moco Museum?
There are lots of things to explore in the Moco Museum. Along with the Banksy exhibitions, people spend time exploring Haring, Hirst, JR, KAWS’s works. You will need around 3 hours to completely explore Moco Museum.
- When is the best time to visit Moco Museum?
Plan your visit to the Moco Museum during the months of March, April, September, and October as the crowd is much lesser than the other months. You can visit during the weekdays in the early hours or in the evening as it gets crowded during the weekends.
Moco Museum Location
Getting To Moco Museum
Bus Lines: 347, 357, 397
Nearest Stop: Ruysdaelkade
Bus services are quite frequent in the city. You can take the 347, 357, 397 bus lines if you are in the city. You can get down at the Ruysdaelkade bus station, which is about a 5-minute walk from the Moco Museum.
Metro Lines: Eastline- 51, 53, 54
Nearest Stop: Weesperplein
Metro stations do not directly connect the Moco Museum to the rest of the city. But you can get down at Weesperplein and transfer to the tram lines 1, 7, 19 and get down at Spiegelgrach. After which it is a 5-minute walk to the Museum.
Tram Line: 2, 5, and 12
Nearest Station: Museumplein
If you are in the city, you can use the Tram services to reach the Moco Museum. Line 5 & 12 takes you to the Museumplein station or the Museum Square, after which is about 3 minutes walk to the Museum.
Nearest Parking Facility: Q-Park Byzantium
ETA From Airport: 22 min
Car rental services are available in the city. You can also avail of the cab services to reach the attraction from the airport. Moco Museum can be reached by taking Loevesteinse Randweg and Hoofddorpweg via Plesmanlaan.
Skip The Line At Moco Museum
Over 600,000 visitors visit Moco Museum every year. With Moco Museum operating under limited capacity, getting admission tickets on-site can get tough. However, these facts are not to discourage you. You can book your slots in advance as per your convenience by purchasing tickets online and avoid situations of tickets being sold out.
Nearest Parking Area: Q-Park Byzantium
Address Of Parking Area: Tesselschadestraat 1G, 1054 ET Amsterdam
Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday 10:00 AM to 6 PM
Parking Fee: Around €25
Electric vehicle charging point available.
- Wheelchair accessible (ground floors)
- Paid parking facilities at Q-Park Byzantium.
- Group tours are available for large parties.
- Timed-entry is available at the Moco Museum, which guarantees your admission during your reserved time slot.
Tips & Guidelines For Visiting Moco Museum
- Moco Museum is operating with limited capacity. Book your tickets in advance by purchasing your tickets online to ensure guaranteed access.
- It is highly recommended to book tickets to the museum in advance to guarantee entry and avail discounts.
- Plan on buying the I Amsterdam Pass as the pass holders get to visit the Moco Museum for free.
- Make most of your visit by arriving at the first hours of the opening. Plan your visit during the weekdays as 11 AM to 5 PM during the weekdays remains the most crowded hours.
- Take your kids to the Moco Museum as children enjoy free tickets and discounts at Moco Museum.
- Make sure to read the description written under the artworks to know more about them.
- Guests must wear comfortable casual clothes and carry an umbrella as rain is abundant and random in Amsterdam.
- Esther’s Cookery is a top eatery near the MoCo Museum and offers delicious Dutch cuisine. If you’re looking for a restaurant that offers a more diverse range, Zaza’s is a choice. Sherpa’s Restaurant is also popular in the area and serves mouth-watering Indian dishes.
- Photography is allowed inside the museum but not flash photography.
Things To Do Near Moco Museum
All Your Questions About Moco Museum Answered
A. The Moco Museum is located in Honthorststraat 20, 1071 DE Amsterdam, Netherlands.
A. Amsterdam has an excellent network of a public transport system. You can take the bus, tram, or metro to reach the Moco Museum from any part of the city. You can also rent a car to drive to the attraction yourself or book a cab.
A. Moco Museum is opened throughout the week. From Mondays to Thursdays the timings are 9 AM to 7 PM, while from Fridays to Sundays it is 9 AM to 8 PM.
A. Yes, the Moco Museum tour is open now.
A. Yes, Moco Museum tickets are available online.
A. Plan your to the Moco Museum during the months of March, April, September, and October as the crowd is much lesser than the other months. You can visit during the weekdays in the early hours or in the evening as it gets crowded during the weekends.
A. It depends on the type of visit you want to make. Most visitors tend to spend around 3 hours in the Moco Museum to enjoy a complete experience.
A. It takes around 20 minutes to reach Moco Museum from the airport by car.
A. Yes, paid parking facilities are available at Q-Park Byzantium.